Now you can explore Lake Ontario and cruise on a 25-foot ABYC-owned keelboat as if it were your own!
The ABYC Cooperative Sailing Program (CSP) is ideally suited for sailors who want the freedom and excitement of cruising on their own, without the cost burden of boat ownership!
As an affordable, sailing time-share style experience, the program offers CSP participants opportunity to:
- Expand their sailing experience;
- Sail independently and host friends and family;
- Day and overnight cruise to other yacht clubs;
- Enjoy the yacht club lifestyle including participation at ABYC organized club cruises, Sail Past and the Club Picnic;
- Participate with other CSP members in the ABYC Evening Racing Series;
- Mentor with experienced club members and develop skills in boat care, maintenance and commissioning…
…all great experiences, especially if you are considering owning a boat of your own in the future!
Sailors who would find the CSP program of interest include:
- Graduates of ABYC Adult Keelboat Program;
- ABYC Associate Members who would like access to a cruising boat but are not in a position to commit to the expense of Senior Membership and full time boat ownership;
- ABYC Senior Members who currently do not own a boat;
- Experienced sailors who would like to “test the waters” prior to joining a yacht club as a Senior Member.
The CSP is open to all current ABYC Members with CYA Basic Cruising Accreditation (or equivalent experience). Some additional conditions apply. For membership information, see the Membership section.
To apply fill out the Co-op Sailing Program Application.
For complete program details, or to make arrangements to view the boat, or for information about an upcoming information session, please contact Emily Sawolak, Co-op Sailing Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the club at 416-698-4498.
Exciting New Program!
INTRODUCTORY KEELBOAT CO-OP OPPORTUNITY FOR KEELBOAT PROGRAM GRADUATES
ABYC is providing the opportunity for graduates of the Adult Keelboat Program to continue their sailing and fine-tune their sailing skills in the summer they graduate. If certified by the instructor, graduates may sail the two C&C25 co-op keelboats. The low cost of the Introductory Co-op Program membership depends on when the student joins. A training session to familiarize you with the boats will be provided with the membership. We want you to keep sailing!!
See the Introductory Co-operative Sailing Program Application Form for details.